VOLCAFE Ltd has an opportunity for a Quality & Sales Coordinator to assist the UK & Ireland Sales Team with the continued delivery of our business plan across the region.
Since we entered the UK market in May 2019 we have been on an exciting growth trajectory serving both specialty and commercial clients across the region.
We now need to strengthen our small team and this crucial hire will play a leading role in helping us to continue to build our business and achieve our ambitions of becoming the world’s best coffee partner.
The role will involve working full time in our new Bristol office with a focus on supporting our small team and our growing customer base. Your skills as a roaster and cupper will be called upon daily to help our clients build their businesses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES QUALITY CONTROL (70%)
• To manage the UK+IE Lab and all corresponding quality control functions
• Samples: responding to customer requests, sending and receiving samples
• QC analysis and data logging in Cropster; update cupping notes on spot list
• To prepare and log all cuppings for offers, pre-shipments, arrivals and stock
• Follow up on samples sent: offers and approvals
• Monitoring customer feedback on quality to provide proactive updates to our origin partners and sales team
• Liaising with other group entities across Europe and producing countries for calibration
• To provide a personal, time-critical and accurate customer interface for sample requests and other daily tasks as needed.
SALES SUPPORT (30%)
• To drive growth of our spot business in UK and Irish markets
• Liaise with sales team to reach out to potential customers, ensure smooth on-boarding of new customers and provide a hands-on approach to problem solving
• To assist with trade and client events. National and EU-wide travel will be required.
• Ensuring compliance with all company procedure
• Minimum 1 year’s cupping experience in a roastery or QC lab
• Competency with sample roasting, cupping preparation and sensory analysis
• Excellent knowledge of sensory lexicon and SCA protocols (Q-Grader qualification a bonus)
• Familiarity with Cropster and Excel; good levels of computer literacy
• Good understanding of coffee flow to and within the UK & Irish market; familiarity with key stakeholders
• Process-driven: an eye for detail and a highly organised approach to work
• Strong work ethic and willingness to ‘muck in’
• Initiative to identify and implement continuous improvements; willing to support all team members and clients with additional tasks as necessary
• Passport for travel; right to work in
•Job Type: Full-Time, (3 month’s probationary period)
•Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (some flexibility and occasional weekends)
• Closing Deadline: End November 2022.
• Start Date: January 2023
• Location: Office based, Bristol (some travel required), non-remote
Press Coffee & Co is a speciality coffee company supplying our own central London sites along with wholesale direct from...View Job
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden back 25 or so...View Job
About Us We are an innovative company who use auction platforms for a wide range of markets and businesses, including...View Job
About Climpson & Sons Climpson & Sons is an award winning, independent, specialty coffee retail and wholesale business; sourcing, roasting,...View Job