Introducing Gentlemen Baristas, a specialty coffee company with shops located across central London. We are passionate about creating a modern coffee experience that embraces the past and honours the craft of coffee-making. Our locations are carefully selected to reflect the unique characteristics of the surrounding communities, and we take pride in offering exceptional customer service and high-quality coffee. We source our coffee beans from around the world, importing and roasting them in-house to ensure the highest standards of quality and freshness. At Gentlemen Baristas, we believe that coffee is a craft that requires a blend of art, skill, science, and technology, and we are committed to sharing our knowledge and passion for hospitality with our customers. Whether you’re a seasoned coffee aficionado or new to the world of specialty coffee, we invite you to join us on our mission to build something meaningful, starting with our people, and offering comprehensive training programs, career progression, and a community of curious minds.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Head Barista to join our team.
· Exceptional knowledge about specialty coffee, coffee science and all our ‘hats’ – always keeping up to date with the latest information so you can pass it on to your team and customers
· Have a passion for trying new coffees, experimenting with different brew recipes and bringing out passion in others, innovating and contributing ideas
· Maintain coffee operations and recipes, equipment cleanliness and training, sharing knowledge and expertise
· Able to diagnose equipment maintenance issues
· You excel at latte art and can pull off a range of different designs
· Confident in making suggestions on improvements the coffee operation
· Being magnanimous, well-mannered, helpful and generous to all our guests
· Being a proud host who is generous with your time and knowledge. Remembering your guests’ names and their taste in coffee and sharing your expertise in a genuine way
· Always able to guide customers through The Gentlemen Barista menu and recommending drinks and products that will suit their tastes
· Helping to create open and inclusive coffee houses. Superb coffee is for everyone and it always will be.
· Join a wonderful group of people who are not just colleagues, but also friends. You’ll have a blast working with them!
· Enjoy convenient shift times that will give you the work-life balance you need.
· Service length holiday accrual
· Get SCA training from our certified SCA trainers, who will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to excel in your role.
· Celebrate your special days with a paid day off on your birthday and work anniversary, and receive a surprise present from Gentlemen Barista.
· Build your career with us! Giving you plenty of opportunities for development and progression.
· Refer your friends and receive up to £150 per referral bonus!
· We care about your mental health and well-being, and offer support to ensure you feel your best.
· Enjoy free unlimited coffee during your shifts, even on your days off! (40% off when not working)
· Recharge with a free lunch during every shift.
· 40% off at our partner brands (The Chestnut bakery and The Lebanese Bakery)
· Socialize and have fun at our events.
· Be a part of something exciting! Get involved with new store openings and our coffee school and roastery.
· Enjoy peace of mind with our private health care coverage.
**At Gentlemen Baristas, we celebrate diversity, equality, and inclusion. We value individuality and prioritize hiring the right person for each role. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply and provide comprehensive training and development opportunities. Join our dynamic and inclusive team today.