Full-Time Event Barista
The Barista is a Leeds based mobile coffee company providing espresso bars for our clients at exhibitions and events in major cities throughout the U.K. and Europe. We are a young, fast growing, and ambitious company recognised for our personality and industry leading customer service as well as the quality of our coffee.
We’re currently looking for the right person to join our dynamic team as a Full-Time Event Barista to represent us and our client’s prestigious brands such as Samsung, The New York Post, AstraZeneca and many more global brand names. A demanding but very rewarding role with opportunities to travel and develop in the speciality coffee, hospitality and events industries.
The role of an Event Barista includes the following responsibilities:
– Travelling to venues across the U.K. and major European cities (such as Paris, Berlin, Barcelona & Vienna) to provide on-site, client-facing event services.
– Producing a consistently high standard of coffee with efficiency and excellent customer service
– Managing the coffee bar and liaising directly with clients and their guests
– Managing stock and equipment on-site and restocking when appropriate
– Being responsible for managing freelance/part-time baristas and overseeing the smooth running of their respective coffee bars when we have more than one coffee bar at a single event
– Delivering and setting up espresso bars in a mobile setting whilst successfully navigating varied venues prior to the event starting
– When not on-site, you will be required to help with duties in the office and warehouse. This will include packing and preparing for events, equipment maintenance and cleaning, admin and general office support, coffee development (cupping and coffee selection etc) and training.
Our requirements from any applicants are:
– A full, clean driving license and the confidence to drive large vans.
– Eligibility to work in the EU, travel within the EU and hold a valid passport.
– An interest in speciality coffee. Previous experience and existing skills are preferred but not essential as full training and development will be provided on an ongoing basis
– A high level of customer service and a friendly, sociable character. Previous experience in hospitality is advantageous
– Happy to travel and work away from home regularly and be flexible with work patterns
– Confidence and resourcefulness to work independently in different cities throughout the UK and Europe
– Well presented with a high standard of personal hygiene
– Be self-motivated with an ability to work independently and manage other staff
– A positive ‘can do’ attitude and good initiative
– A good team player that will fit the positive and supportive culture of our organisation
– The successful candidate will receive the relevant training to get them up to the required standard for the role when joining the company as well as on-going and more advanced training and personal development.
The nature of the role means that you will be expected to work away from home and independently on a regular basis and so we need someone who is confident driving, talking to clients and delivering our coffee service independently.
A rate of £10.40 per hour will be paid for all on-site event service hours worked and £9.21 per hour for all other duties. Estimated annual earning is expected to be £20,000 upwards. All travel and accommodation costs will be covered, and you will also receive a daily food allowance when working away from home. The successful candidate will be contracted to a minimum 37 ½ hours per week but expected to regularly exceed this during the peak seasons (March – July, September – November).
To apply for this role, please send your CV and include a covering letter to [email protected] In your covering letter, please explain why you would like to join our team and what makes you suitable for the role of an Event Barista.
Due to the high level of interest we receive for this role, unsuccessful candidates may not receive a reply.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming the right person to our team.
carpo, where a “humble coffee” is transformed into a unique, enjoyable beverage, chocolates awaken the magic of love, and nuts...View Job
I asked one of my colleagues to describe what it is like to work at Bartons and this is what...View Job
Batch & Co, is an established award winning Specialty Coffee shop in Streatham hill, with people now coming to us...View Job
We are looking for passionate baristas that takes pride in their work. You should have at least 1 years experience...View Job
The Quarter Store is a new convenience and coffee store concept in Hackney Central championing produce from local, independent and...View Job
MONIES is an exciting new independent coffee bar located in a vibrant area of East Putney, surrounded by offices and...View Job