The role of the Coffee Shop Assistant / Barista is to create a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere for all visitors. To prepare fresh food and drinks in a coffee shop setting whilst always maintaining a high standard of service and customer care with a friendly and polite attitude.
· Use effective customer care skills to always ensure the well-being of customers.
· Ensure and maintain good customer relations.
· Ensure high levels of safety and hygiene are maintained throughout the Coffee shop.
· Report any issues that could affect the smooth running of the Coffee shop to the manager.
Food and Beverage Preparation
· Prepare food and beverages in line with Food Hygiene, Health and Safety Standards.
· Food and Beverage preparation to be high quality to meet customer requirements.
· Prepare and serve hot and cold drinks to specified recipe standards.
· Prepare and serve pastries, sandwiches and other snack foods as requested to recipe standards.
· All equipment should be cleaned in preparation for next use.
· Receive and store stock, ensuring accurate booking in.
· Shelves/fridges should be fully stocked with items available and must be replenished throughout the day, particularly after peak times.
· Stock rotation must be always adhered to so that stock with the earliest sell-by date is at the front/on top of shelves so that customers use this stock first. Any stock nearing its expiry date must be reported to the manager at the earliest opportunity.
· All staff should report any stocks that are running low to the manager so that these can be ordered.
· Discuss any requests or suggestions for new stock items with the manager.
· Checks: Take temperature checks of the freezers / fridges and report findings in record book– any faults should be reported to the manager.
· Staff should report at the earliest opportunity to the manager or accounts if they are running low on change in the till.
· All staff should ensure accurate cash handling. Any problems should be reported to the manager.
· Tables, chairs, work tops and the floor should be cleaned / hoovered / mopped after peak times and at the end of the shift so that the Coffee shop maintains a high level of cleanliness.
· Collect cups / rubbish from the seating areas once customers leave so that they are ready for further use.
About us The Lime Tree Hotel is an independent boutique hotel located in the prestigious Belgravia area of London, adjacent...View Job
We are Repetition, and our goal is to deliver the highest quality of service and product, regardless of volume or...View Job
We’re looking to assemble an awesome team to take the helm at a new city centre cafe owned by the...View Job
We are looking for a barista with ideally 6+ months experience in speciality coffee and working in a coffee shop/cafe...View Job