We are Klear Labs, a bakery-cafe focused on organic low-carb health foods, sourced seasonally and locally. We are due to open in W10 this May and are looking for a friendly, hands-on Head Barista and Junior Barista to join our team.
You will be making delicious espresso-based drinks with Origin coffee and pour-over with Assembly Coffee, using a La Marzocco Linea Classic machine and Victoria Arduino’s Mythos 1 grinder. And of course, a humble V60 😉
We’re also planning to make some special drinks focused on adaptogens like Lion’s Mane and Chaga mushrooms, so an interest in the field of health foods is essential, as you are likely going to have to answer questions from a curious crowd. But more importantly, we are looking for somebody who’s really passionate about making a great cup of specialty coffee with decent latte art skills. An interest in the science behind coffee and recent developments in the industry is a plus.
For the Head Barista role:
– You will have at least 3 years Senior Barista experience at an established specialty coffee operator, and have ability to set high standards for the creation and service of all drinks.
– You’ll happily take the lead in choosing guest filter coffees each month, keeping the menu interesting and fresh
– Training new baristas to achieve consistency and help build our coffee team from the ground up..
– Making and serving coffee, and ensure all orders are made to high standards and within time.
– Taking orders and operating the till
– Serving any non-coffee items, such as sweet and savoury snacks from the counter or grab & go items
– Making juices according to spec
– Basic daily tasks including cleaning and tidying set-up, basic machine maintenance and adjustment, keeping the
workstation clean at all times, restocking items when necessary
– Regular cleaning of the cafe and toilets to maintain high hygiene standards
– Customer service as well as dealing with queries and complaints
– Ensuring a checklist of daily tasks is carried out
Junior barista role is essentially the same but with the exclusion of point 1, 2 and 3.
The ideal Barista is:
– Professional but friendly, a team player, and puts customer service first.
– Has an attention to detail and takes responsibility to achieve the highest standards.
– Has excellent knowledge, command and understanding for making specialty coffee.
– Thrives under pressure and is a self-starter during quieter periods.
– Is naturally interested to learn more about the world of specialty coffee, as well as the health industry generally.
This is a full-time position projected to start in May, with exact date TBC.
We’re currently setting up our company structure to be able to offer you a permanent contract with the usual employee benefits. As a company we’re also committed to help you grow in the direction you find interesting and give you space to develop.
If this sounds up your alley, please send us an email with your CV and a brief introduction about yourself and your interest in this job.
We will then send you a short questionnaire to fill out as part of the application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Supermarket of Dreams is looking for a strong barista that can handle high volume service. We are very customer...View Job
We are currently looking for a strong capable Barista for our coffee shop in Islington on Newington Green rd N1...View Job
We are seeking both full-time and part-time baristas/front of house. Kapihan is an independent Filipino Specialty Coffee House, Roastery...View Job
Saint Espresso is a well regarded, independent family of premium coffee shops. We are a small hard working team in...View Job
I am looking for a flexible full-time and part- time barista to join my small team! I run two gluten-free,...View Job
Kuro is a new tranquil and minimalist coffee spot in Notting Hill Gate is looking for an experienced lead barista/manager...View Job