We are looking for an experienced full-time Shift Supervisor to join our small team. The ideal candidate will slot right into the KTS way of working, offering exceptional customer service in an incredibly welcoming style.
We are looking for a motivated team member with excellent attention to detail and experience of working in a fast-paced environment – preparing, making, and serving delicious food and drink.
As shift supervisor you will be confident opening and closing the store, leading the team throughout the day and be keen to jump straight into all aspects of the business – from making speciality coffee and cleaning, to stellar customer service and people management.
Day-to-day duties will include: serving retail and café customers including responding to queries and complaints; leading the team to make consistently good speciality coffee; making & serving food and drink items in line with our menu offering (including speciality coffee, wine bar service, preparing & plating food items); opening and closing the space; operating the till and cashing up at the end of the day; day-to-day cleaning and overseeing the team with the weekly cleaning rota; restocking, ordering and stock management; leading/training the team; responsibility of the space in the absence of the manager and encouraging a positive working environment for the whole team; other tasks as they arise.
The right person for this job is prepared to get their hands dirty and keen to collaborate with the whole team. You will feel comfortable supervising a small team and you will take pride in the opportunity to work for a small independent business with room to grow. For the right person, this role will provide opportunity to develop into a management position within the company.
Essential qualities we are looking for:
· Experienced Barista – preferably in a speciality coffee shop
· Friendly and welcoming personality with positive and hard-working attitude
· High standard of customer service
· A quick learner with a keen eye for detail and consistency
· Calm under pressure and experience of working in a fast-paced environment
· A hands-on approach where no job is too small and keen to get stuck-in to all aspects of the business
· Keen to take responsibility in the day-to-day business operations
· A desire to grow within the role, leading the team and developing your management skillset
· Good banter and up for a bit of fun
· Fluent in spoken and written English and the eligibility to work in the UK
The icing on the cake would be:
· Previous experience/keen interest in food preparation
· Food safety and hygiene training
· An interest in and knowledge of natural wine
· First Aid training
· Team Leadership Experience
· An arts background / passion for supporting practicing makers
· An affinity with dogs
What we can offer you:
· London Living Wage +
· On the job and professional training
· Opportunity to develop role into a salaried, management position
· Free staff meal every shift and all the tea & coffee while you work
· Discount on our retail products
· Friendly and encouraging working environment with regular team socials and training
· Statutory holiday and pension, including the full week off between Christmas and New Year, every year
· Some fun along the way
If you think you fit the bill and would like to become an integral part of this growing business, please email Ross at [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a few paragraphs about why this is the role for you.