IKAWA is a fast-growing start-up based in East London.
We design and manufacture transformational, innovative systems to improve the quality and appreciation of coffee and have customers in over 70 countries worldwide.
Our products currently consist of two types of coffee roasting machines together with supporting apps and a range of curated green coffees. The award-winning IKAWA Sample Roaster is used by coffee professionals to advance coffee quality by helping them improve their evaluation of green coffees. It has already been disruptive in this sector and is now being used by industry leaders to enter and win global coffee competitions.
We have also launched our first product in the IKAWA At Home range – our Smart Home Coffee Roaster System. This simple and accessible approach includes a coffee roaster, selection of green coffees, roast recipes and the IKAWA Home app. It is designed bring coffee to life for coffee connoisseurs and enthusiasts. We’re excited about the opportunities to expand in this sector.
Join us and help deliver this potential.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Warehouse & Production Operative to join the team. A pro-active, “can-do” attitude combined with the ability to work as part of a team is essential. The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow guidelines and processes.
Working under the direction of the Production Team Leader, the successful candidate’s main duties will be:
· Receiving and inspecting incoming goods and completion of associated documentation.
· To ensure that the accurate PO and quantity information checks are performed.
· Placing incoming stock items into their storage locations and recording the location on Inventory Control system.
· To pick parts accurately, ensuring that part numbers and quantities are checked when picked.
· Assemble a range of sub-assemblies from components for the production cell or dispatch to customers.
· To pack to a high standard to reduce damage while ensuring accurate part and quantity count is covered and packing standards are complied with.
· To ensure that material storage areas are at all times kept tidy.
· To carry out any other duties within the candidate’s skills and competence as requested by the line manager.
Key Competencies, Skills & Experience:
· Experience of working in a logistics, warehouse and manufacturing environment
· Experience in picking and packing
· Experience in mechanical or electrical component assembly
· Good communication and listening skills
· Ability to work to high standards of quality with a positive attitude and able to change priorities within general guidance
· To be a team player and develop awareness of other working practices
· Punctual, reliable and flexible attitude to work environment
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Trustworthy and reliable
· Ability to use computer software requiring numeracy and literacy skills
Our office is located at: Unit 9, Bayford Street Business Centre, Bayford Street, London Fields, London, E8 3SE
Full time (Monday – Friday).
Immediate start available. Notice periods considered.
Based on experience.
Company benefits, including 22 days holiday, access to company pension scheme, and team incentives, socials
Please send us an email with a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
[email protected] +44 (0)207 7295 664 (EXT 301)