Costa Coffee – Laboratory Assistant- Basildon
A Costa we are looking for Laboratory Assistant reporting to the Laboratory Manager, to work at our state of the art Roastery in Basildon. This role you will enhance your skills in product investigation and sensorial coffee analysis, safeguarding that all the green coffee coming to Production and all Roasted coffee leaving are just right, every time. If you think this could be you then read along.
A bit about us…
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation
Our roastery in Basildon which is where this role is based, is one of the biggest roasteries in Europe and allows us to produce 45,000 tonnes of coffee a year. This is where all our coffee supplied to the UK and world is roasted and grounded, and we must say it’s a truly fantastic team and site to be part of.
A bit about the role…
Reporting into the Laboratory Manager, the Laboratory Assistant will carry out the day to day laboratory testing of green coffee and finished roasted coffee samples. You’ll achieve this by performing coffee product tests and tasting panel activities, whilst capturing the data and acquire knowledge in quality procedures in the coffee industry. Here’s a few more points about the role.
· Preparing and carrying out raw green coffee testing analysis (physical and sensorial).
· Preparing and carrying FG coffee testing analysis (physical and sensorial).
· Liaise with all third parties to ensure a steady flow of samples throughout the week – reducing a build-up of workload.
· Maintaining laboratory inventory, streamlining laboratory processes, preparing/sending samples to clients, and maintaining lab cleanliness.
· Perform and maintain all laboratory equipment verifications and calibrations in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
· Conduct or coordinate coffee product performance evaluations, measurements and analysis.
Perform preparation and carry out raw material, roasted coffee and finished goods testing/analysis (physical & sensorial) performance through the year ensuring compliance to Costa standards
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
· Proficiency in both spoken and written English
· You must display a strong interest to work in the coffee sector- after all you will be tasting coffee and a coffee lover is always welcome! Strong desire to learn more and enhance coffee knowledge with the brand.
· Passionate about our products and a strong desire to learn more
· Good general coffee knowledge
· Coffee SCA or CQI accreditation preferable
· Able to collaborate and work with cross-functional team- supporting each other is key
· Experience of working in a coffee sector (Barista, Coffee Roaster, Coffee Taster etc.)
· Worked in Food Manufacturing and Quality Checks
· Ability to prioritise in a dynamic environment
· Excellent communication skills
What we can offer…
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
· BUPA Healthcare
· Costa Pension Scheme
· Bonus Scheme
· 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
· 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
We’re looking for a Roastery Operations Manager to drive the growth of one of the UK’s leading and most progressive speciality coffee roasteries, just footsteps...View Job
Are you an experienced coffee professional and fancy switching up your lifestyle? You can go for a morning surf or...View Job