№№ is an independent, up and coming player on the London coffee scene. We started out as a simple coffee shop with limited equipment and have gradually reinvested in the business, expanded our offering and improved our coffee, step by step. We have now launched our roastery and our electric coffee bike – an outpost of №№ positioned at Bermondsey tube station!
We are looking for a 30 hours per week, Monday-Friday, barista to join our team and run our coffee bike.
Our main focus is coffee, although we also serve a small range of homemade cakes and sandwiches and pastries. We never compromise on quality and constantly try our best to improve our recipes and our offering.
In our baristas we look for those who are truly passionate about specialty coffee – being a roastery as well as coffee shop, this is essential. We’re not looking for someone who just needs to make a bit of money; we are looking for someone who lives and breathes coffee. You should care about every cup of coffee and every customer. We are looking for someone who cares about details and is a perfectionist.
Who we’re looking for:
– Coffee enthusiast: you need to really love coffee and be passionate about the specialty coffee scene
– Early riser: shifts start at 6.15am and end at 12.15pm. So you get the afternoon free!
– Bike confident: the bike is currently kept in a local garage overnight so there is a small amount of cycling involved. The bike is big, but it is electric.
– Hardy: you’ll be outside in the weather, albeit under a small cover, so you need to like the outdoors
– Super friendly: our customers are so important to us, we treat them all with lots of kindness and make chatty conversation
What you can expect:
– 28 days leave per year (pro rata)
– Homemade, delicious sandwich every shift
– As much coffee as you like
– Cost price purchases on products in our shop
We are in conversation with TFL about moving the bike inside the station from this summer, which would change the conditions of the job, TBC.
☞ Join us now and avoid regretting it later!
Please only apply if you are passionate about coffee and have experience within the speciality coffee industry.
We pay £11.85 per hour.
* Find our coffee here: nonocoffee.com
* Find our culture here: instagram.com/nono.bermondsey
Equipment you’ll be working with:
* 2022 Espresso Machine: Fracino Contempo 2E
* 2022 Grinder: Mahlkönig E65S
* 2022 Scales: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
* 2022 Music: Sonos Roaming
* 2022 Till system: Square